Welcome to Rhythmic Robot Audio
…hand-crafted Kontakt instruments built from the dusty hardware of the past
We are a small enterprise making sampled instruments for Kontakt. Our mission is to take the technology of yesterday and bring it sparking and crackling back to life on our laboratory bench – before capturing its essence, bottling it in sampled form, and sending it out for you to play with. From classic hardware synths of the past to Frankenstein creations built from humming walls of old signal generators, if you’re looking for the obscure and the unique, you’ve come to the right place.
Our hand-crafted instruments are built on meticulously recorded 24-bit multisamples of authentic old kit, taken to the next level with custom interfaces, clever scripting and tons of added functionality. We love our dusty old boxes, and hope you will too.
“Rhythmic Robot specialise in building software versions of hardware so vintage you can smell the dust in the code… a unique flavour from a bygone era” – Future Music magazine
“Rhythmic Robot are a small outfit dedicated to breathing life into the strange and the obscure… impeccably sampled” – Sound on Sound magazine
“Kontakt instruments don’t get much more esoteric than this. Bursting with warmth, crackle and analogue life… uniquely evocative” – Computer Music magazine
What we do…
All our instruments are…
- Sampled by us, right here in the lab, straight from the original machines. We always get hold of the real kit and sample it ourselves: that way we have control of the whole sampling process, and you get the same quality of instrument each time (a quality we hope you’ll come to trust – Sound on Sound magazine calls our sampling “impeccable”).
- 24-bit, 44.1kHz, carefully optimised and balanced.
- Hand trimmed and looped – no automation glitches! Our RSI is your gain.
- Individually skinned and tweaked with lots of useful new features tailored to the individual instrument; custom scripts on every instrument to make sure you get the best from your samples.
We take a lot of time and care over our instruments: they’re built for us to use too.
All our instruments require…
- A full copy of Native Instruments Kontakt, version 4.2.3 or higher.
- Kontakt Player is not supported. Instruments may load, but will time out after 15 minutes. Don’t buy our stuff unless you have the full version of Kontakt!
- For more information, take a look at the FAQ page.